Rainy season is scooting by, and soon many Americans will hit the road in search of better weather. If you are planning a trip to the warm destination, we recommend a pre-trip vehicle inspection to help you avoid being inconvenienced and possible safety hazards of breaking down so far from home.
A vehicle pre-trip inspection will give you peace of mind because you can take steps to have any repairs performed before you go, leaving one less thing you need to worry about when you’re on your way to paradise.
Here at Silverdale Autoworks, the following checklist is recommended before you hit the road:
Vehicle Pre-trip Inspection
- Check the brake system and make sure the battery connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free
- Check filters and fluids, including engine oil, power steering and brake and transmission, as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant. Dirty air filters could possibly waste gas and cause the engine to lose power.
- Check the hoses and belts that can become cracked, frayed, brittle or loose or show signs of excessive wear. These are critical to the proper functioning of the electrical system, air conditioning, power steering and the cooling system.
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. If the tires become under inflated, that can reduce the vehicle’s fuel economy and uneven wear indicates a need for a wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bald spots or bulges.
- Check the gas cap, and make sure it’s not loose, damaged or missing to prevent spilling of gas, or evaporating.
We look forward to helping you with all of your vehicle needs, and keeping your vehicle in tip-top shape!
Call Today to schedule your appointment!